Online Groups for Travelling Home Educators
Some of these groups have been created by home educators, others are general groups for families travelling and their children may be enrolled in distance education schools. Some are Australian based groups, others are for world travellers! Most are Facebook groups - if you know of any that aren't FB groups, please email so they can be added to this list.
Please also see our list of articles about learning and travelling.
Families on the Road - Travelling Australia
Caravanning With Kids Australia
- A group of Aussies who share the enjoyment of travelling Australia! Chat and share ideas, stories and have a little banter amongst other travelling families.
- Helpful tips, experiences and fun for families who caravan with kids, from the type of cars you drive, caravans, campers, tents you have or want, to anything you want to share about your holiday.
- "The whole world is our school: school isn't our whole world!" This group is for anyone who learns from the whole world around them!
- A closed group for unschooling families across the world to open up their homes to other unschooling travelling families, and for the travelling families to have a list of unschooling families that they can go and stay with.
Road Scholars: Travel-Loving Homeschoolers
Love to travel and homeschool? Love to homeschool so you can travel? Share your travel adventures and ask your travelling questions here.
- For families to connect and meet while traveling and learning. Maybe you have an amazing trip idea and want to share it or want more people for the experience? Or maybe you live in a place that is neat and you want to offer a space to stay, learning experience, or even a 'student exchange'? Let's share ideas and make connections all over the world or even in your backyard
- This group is set up as a platform to share travelling tips and information with each other. As home educators we tend to see a lot of situations through our home edding eyes, which means even while we are travelling we are seizing up learning opportunities. And for some of us here, we are travelling due to commitment and some make travelling as part of the home edding syllabus.
Travelling Home Education Group
- This a group designed to share information about traveling groups and communities for home educating parents. Feel free to ask or post about adventures .
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active support of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
I am currently giving this site a much needed facelift!
If you experience difficultiess accessing any page can you
please email me the link? Thank you.
Welcome to the
World of Home Education
and Learning without School!
We began educating our three children in 1985, when our eldest was aged five years. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn as they grew and explored and discovered this amazing world since the moment they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. I hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was!
The information on this website is of
a general nature only and is not intended
as personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates
'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
Advertise with The Educating Parent
Without revenue from advertising
educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know
that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!