The Educating Parent Directory
Australian Home Education Blogs
last checked and updated May 18th, 2015
Use this list of blogs as a starting place to explore the huge variety of approaches and styles employed by Australian home educating families - no two families approach education in the same way! If you wish your blog to be included please email or message Beverley. Active Facebook pages that you use as a home educating blog welcome too.
Why only Australian blogs? Although there is a lot to be learned and shared about home education across the world, I have found families new to home educating are keen to hear about families educating their children in Australia. Older and inactive blogs are placed lower on the list but may still provide some insight and reassurance as well as useful tips and suggestions to help build your confidence as a home educating parent.
- The Educating Parent (this site) contains hundreds of articles and blog posts by Beverley and now incorporates Homeschool Australia Blog, Beverley's old blog about all things home education.
- Stories of an Unschooling Family:
- Free Range in Suburbia, unschooling:
- Homeschooling with a natural learning approach
- Living and learning in freedom, unschooling
- Unschooling, homeschooling, montessori
- Tamara Kidd, practical home education advice and musing from life long learner: Tutor Your Own Child
- Michelle from Homeschool Downunder blog.
- Spiral Garden's Lauren's blog at http://www.owlet.com.au/, unschooling and permaculture
- Jasmine of the Valley unschooling natural learning family
- Jo's unschooling blog: http://unlearntatlast.blogspot.com.au/
- Leisa's Free Flowing Family unschooling blog
- Alyson’s blog about homeschooling and travelling
- Cathy’s homeschooling blog http://toomanyflowers.wordpress.com/
- Chareen’s homeschooling blog http://everybedofroses.blogspot.com.au/ Wholehearted Child / Charlotte Mason approach
- Discipleship Homeschooling, Belinda’s blog http://livelifewithyourkids.wordpress.com
- Kylie’s blog http://www.ourworldwideclassroom.blogspot.com.au/ homeschooling and Montessori
- Rachel's Racheous Loveable Learning, unschooling
- Homeschooling on a boat Homeschool Ahoy by Lyndy
- Deborah’s show, tell and share homeschooling blog http://adepts.blogspot.com.au/
- Super Kate is a blog about giftedness, dyslexia and homeschooling
- Lori's Life Blog is exactly that - a blog about her life with lots of ideas for craft, some posts about homeschooling, etc
- Sandra's Free Life Learners unschooling blog
- The Freedom Farm's Funschooling bog
- Tanya- https://www.facebook.com/ZannickOurHomeEdJourney
- Gae's blog: http://cherishedheartsathome.blogspot.com.au/
- Sally's blog: Rainbow Love Farm http://rainbowlovefarm.blogspot.com.au/
- Ingrid's homeschooling blog, gifted and ADHD http://ingidefyinggravity.blogspot.com.au/
- AussieHomeschool encourages all homeschooling parents: http://aussiehomeschool.com/ , a community based resource
- Living Learning - homeschooling families living and learning in the Blue Mountains, a networking community blog
- Wheel Education, a family of nine travelling around Australia in a converted bus
- Suburban Mamma posts about unschooling, gentle parenting, autism
- Johanna's blog about our life/learning....www.downonthefreedomfarm.com
- Charlotte Mason, Ambleside Curriculum homeschooling family: http://ohpeacefulday.blogspot.com/
- Kendra posts weekly on what her homeschooling family has been doing: http://aussiepumpkinpatch.blogspot.com/
- Hippy Happy Mama is Andrea's family blog about conscious parenting, unschooling, family travel and self-love.
- Heather's homeschooling, unschooling and everything in between blog: http://sunnyhomeschool.blogspot.com/
- Kathryn's blog isn't active now because her son has grown up but it has some great posts in the archives: http://kathryn-timeforachat.blogspot.com/
- Bruggie Tales - homeschooling adventures since 2003 http://bruggietales.blogspot.com/
- Lauren's Sparkling Adventures as she travels Australia with her daughters, last post 2010, unschooling
- Sarzy's We Live We Learn blog
- Homeschooling mum of two teenage boys using an eclectic and unschooling approach http://homeschoolhippies.blogspot.com/
- Homeschooling Kez's blog... and Billy's week: http://kezs-blog.blogspot.com/
- Leonie's blog, of Christian Unschooling https://livingwithoutschool.wordpress.com/
- Sunny Homeschool is Heather's blog
- Exploramum and Explorason are a travelling and exploring Australian duo, trekking around the world, living and learning!
- Large Christian family offering a Liberal Education: http://wonder.riverwillow.com.au/
- 18 years of homeschooling and now Ruby is a grandma! http://mummasplace.blogspot.com/
- Homeschool graduate Jess has crafty blog: http://picklesticks.blogspot.com/ and her new blog a making life
- Out There Family traded security for the unpredictable, the extraordinary and the unconvention.
- Catholic homeschooling family's journey of living and learning : http://sevenlittleaustralians.blogspot.com/
- Home ed adventures with Elijah and Jasmine: http://chrysalisisland.blogspot.com/
- Christian homeschooling mum who cherishes home and family life: http://www.eightacresofeden.com/
- http://www.freerangeinsuburbia.com/ by Shay is an unschooling blog
- Kym - http://www.facebook.com/educationideas
- Travel at the Speed of Life, one family travelling Australia in a caravan
- Jo - www.kraftyguts.blogspot.com , mostly art and craft activities.
- Stacey's record of her family's homeschooling journey- http://amomentinourworld.blogspot.com.au/
- Radical Ramblings, one family's hectic adventures in radical unschooling (past posts hidden, new posts should be arriving soon!)
- Home educating mum of six youngsters, Belinda shares her experiences: http://belindamoore.com/, blog seems inactive now, but I know Bel isn't!
- Rachel, homeschooling mother of two, owner of LuSa Organics , writer and crafty gal's unschooling blog
- Unschooling Downunder, unschooling family with 4 children in Queensland
- Travelling and roadschooling... Wide Open Wanderings
- Going Anyway, 5 children, a wheelchair and a serious case of wanderlust! Last post April 2014
- Becca's Musings on a busy Christian homeschool life: http://beccamusing.blogspot.com/, last post Sep 2014
- Renelle's relaxed always learning family blog: http://dovesrest.blogspot.com/, last post Aug 2014
- Jo's excellent unschooling blog: http://unboundedocean.wordpress.com, last post Dec 2014
- Recording a journey of faith and education: http://dowhateverhetellsyoujohn25.blogspot.com/, last post 2014
- Tracey's blog: http://www.traceymansted.blogspot.com.au/, 2014
- Kate - https://www.facebook.com/getintohomeschooling, Dec 2014
- Ela's unschooling blog: www.majikfaerie.blogspot.com/ last post Jun 2014
- Busy work-at-home homeschooling family: http://houseofbogwitz.blogspot.com/, last post 2014
- Naomi's blog: http://this-homeschool-life.blogspot.com and http://pleasant-paths.blogspot.com.au/, inactive since 2013
- Joyful homeschooling mum, Rosemary's blog: http://joyfullmum.blogspot.com/, last post Sept 2013
- Mum, Dad and four kids home educating and blogging while travelling around Australia: http://www.livinontheroad.com.au, last post Jan 2013
- Wild growing learning free! http://unfurlings.wordpress.com, last post Jan 2013
- Homeschooling using the Tapestry of Grace curriculum: http://touringwithtapestry.blogspot.com/, last post April 2013
- Catherine's Indirect Observations experiments in life and learning http://www.indirectobservations.com/ last entry Sept 2013
- Unlearnt at Last - a blog celebrating unschooling, last post 2013
- Mother and writer with an interest in books (last post Oct 2013): http://throughthewardrobe-musings-melissa.blogspot.com/
- Samantha's blog: http://nowhatifsorifonlys.blogspot.com.au/, last post Sept 2012
- Unschooling, parenting, social justice, community and more: http://mosaicspiral.blogspot.com/, last post April 2012
- Homeschooled for 5 years, now starting at a small school: http://skyeandfour.blogspot.com/, last post Nov 2012
- Janelle's blog about getting into university: http://encouragelearning.com.au/?page_id=56, last post July 2012
- An Australian family on a journey of lifelong learning: http://aussiehomeeducation.blogspot.com/ last post Mar 2012
- Janelle, mother, teacher, home school facilitator and student, passionate about family, education and travel. Lots of excellent tips and ideas for learning! last post Oct 2012 http://explorelearngrow.wordpress.com/about/
- Freeschooling is a way of life for this NSW family - last post Feb 2011
- Waldorf home educating family: http://foxglovespires.blogspot.com/, last post Feb 2011
- Blissfully free unschooling blog: http://blissfullyfree.blogspot.com/, last post Oct 2010
- Melanie's collection of educational videos for kids: http://homeeducatorshelper.blogspot.com/ last entry 2009
- Fly in Freedom by Qld homeschooler Emma: http://flyinfreedom.blogspot.com/ last post Aug 2009
- Wildcrafted - another great unschooling blog from WA, last post 2009
- Melanie shares her favourite learning resources: http://gorgeouspea.wordpress.com/ , last post June 2008
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
Want to learn how to write your own education plans to suit
your unique children's
individual learning needs?
Looking for quality curriculum and teaching tips ?
Over 1000 reassuring and
informative articles to help
build your confidence as an Educating Parent
Welcome to the
World of Home Education and
Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
The information on this website is of
a general nature only and is not intended
as personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since
my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
Advertise with The Educating Parent
||DIY Getting Started with Home Schooling Pack
Beverley Paine's best selling comprehensive common sense manual detailing how to write your own curriculum tailored to your children's educational needs
PLUS 9 of Beverley's popular practical home educating series booklets!
Great value $60
and Unschooling Pack
Each Pack contains a copy of the following:
Natural Learning Answers
A5 or A4
Learning Naturally Diary
Learning Maths Naturally
A Sample Approved Natural Learning Program and Review
Only $29 or $33
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!