HISTORY Resources / Suppliers
Add your business directory listing.
Suppliers & websites
You are also welcome to advertise on this site with a banner on every page!
- American History for Kids
- http://www.historyforkids.net/ created by 12 year old Stephen Byrne with a little help from his dad! Information, worksheets and quizzes.
- Cool Kid Facts geography, history, human body, science, etc -
home of cool and interesting facts for kids about the world around us - and outside our planet. Great site for sourcing facts for Trivia Quiz nights for homeschool camps!
- OldPuzzles.com historical jigsaw puzzles
- free colouring pages from Australian History Pictures ~ bringing history and learning to life!
- The National Museum of Australian have some great history/cultural units on their website that you could easily use as a basis for unit studies in Australian history, check out the education parts of their website: http://ww.nma.gov.au
- Playing History focuses on USA history but has lots of teaching ideas and activities that could be easily used in the Australian context.
- Curriculum Corporation Free Lesson Plans
- Trinity College- huge set of links to free lesson plans
- Free lesson plans to integrate computers into learning
- NSW Country Areas Program Resources for Teachers Free Lesson Plans
- Free home-schoolers website with games to play, topics to write about, and general knowledge quizzes to rack your brains! Updated weekly. www.funfitnesslearning.com
- http://kidworldcitizen.org/2011/11/26/my-place-in-the-world-project/ : easy project that kids can make to help them learn how they and their community fit into the wider world.
- Student's Friend was the first comprehensive guide to world history teaching on the Internet, and teachers continue to find it an essential resource.Free articles, lessons, and other teaching aids: http://www.mywonderfulworld.org
- My Place is popular as an extended unit study in Australian History. Complete series available from the ABC bookshop. Fun games and interactive learning on the ABC website, plus an excellent teachers resource site for older children.
- Horrible Histories is very popular with homeschooling families: http://horrible-histories.co.uk/
- Great site for a history of inventions:
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
Want to learn how to write your own education plans to suit
your unique children's
individual learning needs?
Looking for quality curriculum and teaching tips ?
Over 1000 reassuring and
informative articles to help
build your confidence as an Educating Parent
Welcome to the
World of Home Education and
Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
Australian Homeschool Summit 2019
The information on this website is of
a general nature only and is not intended
as personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since
my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
Advertise with The Educating Parent
||DIY Getting Started with Home Schooling Pack
Beverley Paine's best selling comprehensive common sense manual detailing how to write your own curriculum tailored to your children's educational needs
PLUS 9 of Beverley's popular practical home educating series booklets!
Great value $60
and Unschooling Pack
Each Pack contains a copy of the following:
Natural Learning Answers
A5 or A4
Learning Naturally Diary
Learning Maths Naturally
A Sample Approved Natural Learning Program and Review
Only $29 or $33
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!