Australian Home Education Directory
Learning Other Languages resources / Suppliers
Add your business directory listing.
Links to off-site articles
Please browse our sitemap for a full list of Homeschool Australia articles on this topic.
Free Internet Resources
- Kids.net.au pages
- Gateway to K-12 Resources for Less Commonly Taught Languages
Free periodicals, maps, audios, videos, and images of everyday items with language content in dozens of languages. Produced by the UCLA Language Materials Project.
- Languages Online contains resources for language teachers and students. Access is free!
- Georgina suggests taking a look at the BBC schools website as well as Learn French in the Car On the Way to the Fete (CD and book).
- Languages Online is another resource with free worksheets and activities offering French, German, Italian and Spanish.
- Word2Word provides links to free online resources for over 40 different languages in the hope of all people developing a better understanding of others through the use of language. The sites they link to contain lessons to help learn one language from another. The courses vary in quality and the quantity of material presented.
- BabelNation.com is an "outstanding" new online-service offering online language courses in Spanish, French, German, Italian and Portuguese completely free of charge. According to the website: "Whether you want to travel the world, strengthen your language skills for business purposes or just learn a language for the fun of it, "BabelNation.com" will offer you free interactive online language courses. "
- Online Resources for Learning Other Languages in the Homeschool
- Nicole recommends for those wanting to learn Esperanto this free course complete with sound at www.lernu.net
- For more information about why to choose Esperanto read the article by Languages Education in Australia.
- School of Languages in Adelaide teaches all grade levels. Costs $120 for the year plus a few books to buy. It is more of a bargain if enrol yourself then teach your child the same stuff each week whilst reinforcing your own learning!
- Transparent Language is an inexpensive program and offers a free version of its language course for German.
- Effortless English Club - https://effortlessenglishclub.com AJ Hoge unique style and videos, audio and text resources are an aid English language learning for non-English speakers
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
Want to learn how to write your own education plans to suit
your unique children's
individual learning needs?
Looking for quality curriculum and teaching tips ?
Over 1000 reassuring and
informative articles to help
build your confidence as an Educating Parent
Welcome to the
World of Home Education and
Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
Australian Homeschool Summit 2019
The information on this website is of
a general nature only and is not intended
as personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since
my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
Advertise with The Educating Parent
||DIY Getting Started with Home Schooling Pack
Beverley Paine's best selling comprehensive common sense manual detailing how to write your own curriculum tailored to your children's educational needs
PLUS 9 of Beverley's popular practical home educating series booklets!
Great value $60
and Unschooling Pack
Each Pack contains a copy of the following:
Natural Learning Answers
A5 or A4
Learning Naturally Diary
Learning Maths Naturally
A Sample Approved Natural Learning Program and Review
Only $29 or $33
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!