Homeschooling Children With Special Needs Links
This page is now archived.
Please add your contact details if you are a service provider or support group to the Home Education Association directory: http://hea.edu.au
or your state association.
- Links to Learning, East Adelaide Medical Centre, 50 Hutt St, Adelaide SA 5000; phone 08 8210 9477; email firstname.lastname@example.org
Offer a drug-free, non-invasive approach which can help children with developmental delays, learning difficulties and auditory processing problems.
Home Education for Gifted Children
Autism, ADHD, Specific Disabilities and Learning Difficulties Information
- Adult Attention Deficit Disorder Skyrockets
- Do We Need Labels? Homeschooling Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder Kirsten
- Beginning to Home Educate Children with Learning Disabilities
- The Down Syndrome Family Barbara Frank
- Homeschooling The Chronically Ill or Disabled "Student" Leese Griffith
- ADD, ADHD, LD and other forms of Alphabet Soup - An Interview With Dr. Thomas Armstrong
- Unschooling With ADD Kathy Ward
- Riding the Rainbow - Homeschooling an Autistic Child Cleve Elaine Richey
- http://www.aspies.co.uk/hediary.html Home Education Diary details what a family with a child diagnosed with Aspergers has been getting up to such as educational trips, activities, resources we use etc. We hope you find something to interest or be of use to you here.
- Mailing list for those home educating kids on the autism spectrum
- For a list of links that are updated weekly, go to Annette's Reliable Answers homeschooling site: http://reliableanswers.com/a/?/Health/ADHD&o=x
- The best all round site is: Homeschooling Kids With Disabilities
- Aut-2-B-Home : http://www.weirdkids.com/autism/aut2bhome.htm (horrible
name - weird kids!)
- www.TonyAttwood.com Tony has done amazing work in raising the profile of AS, especially the fact that children with AS grow into adults with AS
- http://www.faaas.org/ Families of Adults Afflicted with Asperger's Syndrome.
- Autism Research Institute http://www.autism.com/ari/contents.html Focussed on research into Autism.
- Autism Resources http://www.autism-resources.com Everything and anything to do with Autism.
- National Alliance for Autism Research http://www.naar.org The National Alliance for Autism Research, NAAR, is a national nonprofit, tax-exempt organization dedicated to finding the causes, prevention, effective treatment and, ultimately, cure of the autism spectrum disorders.
- Autism Society http://www.autism-society.org
- Ben's Asperger Room http://www.asperger-syndrome.com Great, positive information site created by Ben, who has Asperger's Syndrome himself.
- Autism London http://www.autismlondon.org.uk British support group site with another stack of information.
- Center for Autism and Related Disabilities http://card-usf.fmhi.usf.edu The Center for Autism & Related Disabilities (CARD) provides support and assistance with the goal of optimizing the potential of people with autism and related disabilities.
- BayShore Educational is the website of a US mum whose child would have been labelled had he gone to school - very informative site
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active support of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
I am currently giving this site a much needed facelift!
If you experience difficultiess accessing any page can you
please email me the link? Thank you.
Welcome to the
World of Home Education
and Learning without School!
We began educating our three children in 1985, when our eldest was aged five years. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn as they grew and explored and discovered this amazing world since the moment they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. I hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was!
The information on this website is of
a general nature only and is not intended
as personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates
'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
Advertise with The Educating Parent
Without revenue from advertising
educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know
that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!