Where to find curriculum resources
Add your business directory listing.
Online Educational Directories
- Open Educator "strive to take this guesswork out of education for you by sharing the most reputable, highly-researched articles and content the web has to offer. We work directly with teachers and other public education groups to ensure we are working toward our vision of constructing a reliable database of verified information." Click on Resources to access lists for each subject area.
- AcademicHelp.net is a resource for students, teachers and people who would like to improve their academic writing skills. Our website consists of valuable guides, writing samples and ideas that help eager learners to develop.
- Free Printable and Online Worksheets, Quizzes and Activities covering the four basic subjects (English/Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies) and a large variety of other subjects, including Early Education, Art, Music, and Study Skills. Organized by grade-level and spans grades pre-K through 12 .
- StudyPool is an extensive homeschooling directory of accredited programs complete with location and enrollment requirements
- Lisa recommends www.studyladder.com.au for Primary School. It covers all of the Key learning Areas except HSIE and is very interactive. It costs $88 per year for up to 3 children (Dec 2011). You can move between grades for different subjects and you can get a free trial.
Lisa also recommends for Primary and Highschool you could try www.skwirk.com.au This costs $99 for 14 months, per child (Dec 2011). When you enrol you are put into a "stage" instead of a year, each stage covers 2 years. You can also get a free trial. All Key learning areas are covered and it is also very interactive, but more reading than Study Ladder.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/ a UK site which has interactive games, reading and quizzes for Maths, English and Science. The UK divides age related learning into key stages.
For maths, Cara recommends
http://www.mathsonline.com.au/ which is sponsored by MacDonalds and is free to use. It is aimed at years 7-12.
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active support of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
I am currently giving this site a much needed facelift!
If you experience difficultiess accessing any page can you
please email me the link? Thank you.
Welcome to the
World of Home Education
and Learning without School!
We began educating our three children in 1985, when our eldest was aged five years. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn as they grew and explored and discovered this amazing world since the moment they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. I hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was!
The information on this website is of
a general nature only and is not intended
as personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates
'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
Advertise with The Educating Parent
Without revenue from advertising
educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know
that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!