Search this site:
Mums and Dads!
Curriculum Pages for
Activities and Ideas
to add your original lesson
plans and activities!
to Getting Started
Getting Started with
by Beverley Paine
A comprehensive common-sense manual detailing how to write your own curriculum tailored to your children's educational needs! $25...
Over 3000 copies sold!
Beverley Paine on
Quick Guide to
I was Home Educated
Unschooling Links and
"Thank you... The information you supply is real and generous - fantastic reading. Your honesty is rare. Most books do not really explain 'how' as well as you do." Tracy
"A fabulous source of information and inspiration... providing wonderful, detailed information and resources." Faye
"Every time I read your writing it feels like a pat on the shoulder, and that feels really good...Thanks!" Maaike
Since 1989 Beverley Paine has steadfastly promoted and supported home education as an educational choice for Australia families. Her books and websites aim to demystify education, gently deschooling families so that they may meet their children's individual and unique educational and developmental needs. Her honesty, insights and wealth of experience continues to bring hope, reassurance and confidence to families.
Home education is a legal alternative to school education in Australia. State and Territory governments are responsible for regulating home education and have different requirements, however home educating families are able to develop curriculum and learning programs to suit the individual needs of their children.
Natural Learning Answers
Natural Learning Diary
How to Submit an Item
Email your item after you have read the following. Please write 'Kids Pages Submission' in the subject line of your email. Thank you!
- Items must be original and the work of the author.
- Please check your spelling. Read aloud your item to check grammar and flow. We prefer correct spelling and grammar but understand that some children will prefer their stories published unedited. If you wish me to edit your contribution please ask.
- Items that contain offensive material (bad language, graphic sex or violence) will not be accepted.
- You can use a psuedonym (false name) if you like, but we need your real name and email address so that we can check that all submissions are genuine.
- Important! We will reply to your email asking for permission from your parent to allow us to publish the item you have sent. Parents can choose the level of information that is to be displayed in connection with their child's work. We only publish children's first names.
- Send us pictures and photos in .jpg, .gif, .bmp or .png format. We can reformat images in MS Word documents or pdfs.
- Long items may be divided into two or more pages.
- Publication of an item is at Beverley's discretion. It may take a week or two before your item appears on the Kids Pages. You will be sent an email with a link to your item when it is published.
- We prefer to publish items created by homeschooled and unschooled children but are happy to consider items from parents if they relate to homeschooling or education. Parents are welcome to submit items for publication on our parent site, The Educating Parent.
- We do not disclose the information we collect to any third party.
- Submission and inclusion on the Kids Pages automatically includes permission by the parent or guardian of the children submitting items for items to be published in an eNewsletter edition of The Educating Parent.
- If you wish to remove your item from these pages, send us an email with a description of the item and the child's name as well as the url (web address) of the page you found it on. It's important to understand that Google and other search engines keep cached copies of web pages, so even if the item has been removed from this site it may still appear in a Google search for a while.
ArticlesBook & Game ReviewsLettersPhotos
PicturesPoetry Projects & Unit Studies
RecipesShort StoriesSubmission Guidelines
Place your advert here!
Share copies of your drawings, poems, stories and projects with your friends and other home educated children on this site!
Email to Beverley
Parents! Sign up for
& bonus FREE eBook!
Welcome to the world of home education - learning without school! We officially began educating our three children in 1985, when our eldest was five years. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn as they grew and explored and discovered this amazing world since the moment they were each born! I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. I hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was!
If you like what you
read here, you can
order Beverley's books!
Always Learning Books
I WAS HOME EDUCATED
adults sharing their thoughts about being homeschooled and unschooled during childhood
Download your FREE eBook!
Questions about homeschooling or wondering what to teach?
See the Site Map
for our full list of articles.
Interested in homeschooling,
but still not sure?
Read All You Need Is...'
Without revenue from advertising by educational suppliers and Google Ads we could not continue to provide over 900 pages of information to home educators. Please support us by letting our advertisers know that you found them on The Educating Parent. Ta!
Thank you for visiting!