Download our FREE
Over 100 pages of useful information to help you get started with home educating your children. Updated regularly with current links to government agencies, educational resources and providers and home educating support groups.
Let Beverley help to demystify home educating with her 'quick guide' which explains what homeschooling and unschooling are, how to get started, withdraw your children from school and navigate the application and registration and review processes. You'll be accessing this Directory over and again as a home educating parent!
What is inside the Resource Directory?
- Homeschooling and Unschooling Defined - a succinct and useful explanation of what home education actually is...
- A Quick Guide to Getting Started with Home Education - gleaned from this website, summarising Beverley's invaluable experience picked up from over 3o years of helping families home educate their children
- State and Territory Registration Information
- links to 100s of Home Ed Support Groups in every State and Territory across Australia added to and updated regularly
- links to over 80 Australian awecome Homeschooling and Unschooling Blogs - stories for you to follow, encourage and reassure you
- An Outline of a Typical Educating Day - an example of what home education can look like (it doesn't have to look like school!)
- Links to Curriculum Resources
- List of Educational Competitions your children can access to help them learn
- Distance Education Schools & Colleges for those of us with one foot in the classroom door and the other firmly planted in the home learning environment
- Home Educators Business Directory to help connect home educating families with others running their own businesses - let's support each other!
- BIG Home Education Book List - hundreds of books about home education, how to home educate, different approaches to home educating, etc - a reading list that will keep you reading for decades and provide all you ever wanted to know about helping your children learn without school!
Are you an educational provider and want to advertise your products or services in The Educating Parent Resource Directory - click here for information how you can reach thousands of home educating families!
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
Welcome to the
World of Home Education and
Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
The information on this website is of
a general nature only and is not intended
as personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
Advertise with The Educating Parent
||DIY Getting Started with Home Schooling Pack
Beverley Paine's best selling comprehensive common sense manual detailing how to write your own curriculum tailored to your children's educational needs
PLUS 9 of Beverley's popular practical home educating series booklets!
Great value $60
and Unschooling Pack
Each Pack contains a copy of the following:
Natural Learning Answers
A5 or A4
Learning Naturally Diary
Learning Maths Naturally
A Sample Approved Natural Learning Program and Review
Only $29 or $33
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!