Search this site:
1000+ articles and growing!
DIY Getting Started with
Home Schooling Pack
by Beverley Paine
Beverley Paine's best selling comprehensive common sense manual detailing how to write your own curriculum tailored to your children's educational needs PLUS 9 of Beverley's popular practical homeschooling series booklets!
"Thank you... The information you supply is real and generous - fantastic reading. Your honesty is rare. Most books do not really explain 'how' as well as you do." Tracy
"A fabulous source of information and inspiration... providing wonderful, detailed information and resources." Faye
"Every time I read your writing it feels like a pat on the shoulder, and that feels really good...Thanks!" Maaike
Since 1989 Beverley Paine has steadfastly promoted and supported home education as an educational choice for Australia families. Her books and websites aim to demystify education, gently deschooling families so that they may meet their children's individual and unique educational and developmental needs. Her honesty, insights and wealth of experience continues to bring hope, reassurance and confidence to families.
Home education is a legal alternative to school education in Australia. State and Territory governments are responsible for regulating home education and have different requirements, however home educating families are able to develop curriculum and learning programs to suit the individual needs of their children.
Join the Home Education Association of Australia.
Natural Learning Answers
Learning in the
Absence of Education
Natural Learning Diary
Thank you for visiting our growing collection of reviews of homes educating books and curriculum resources. Reviews, or links to reviews are welcome: please email them to Beverley
- Sophie's Way, DS Francis, reviewed by Beverley Paine
- Learning in the Absence of Education: Essays on Home Schooling, reviewed by Janine Banks
- It Hasn't Shut Me Up, by Wendy Priesnitz, reviewed by Beverley Paine
- Love Learn Live, by Csilla Tottszer, reviewed by Beverley Paine
- Free Range Learning How Homeschooling Changes Everything
- The Art of Education by Linda Dobson, reviewed by Beverley Paine
- A Gift for Baby, book review by Beverley Paine
- Five In A Row - Guided Literature Based Unit Studies
- The Call To Brilliance by Resa Steindel Brown
- Grammar Made Easy A guide for parents and teachers by Barbara Dykes
- Nurture By Nature by Paul D. Tieger, Barbara Barron-Tieger reviewed by Kelly
- Home Schooling Reflections - letters to Mona: a written conversation covering over two decades of school at home for a family with five children by Connie Colten reviewed by Beverley Paine
- Getting Started with Home Schooling, a collection of reviews
- The Drawing Breakthrough Book A Shortcut to Artistic Excellence by John Hastings reviewed by Beverley Paine
- Trust the Children, Anna Kealoha, reviewed by Beverley Paine
- The Homeschooling Journey - A Trail of Faith, Michele Hastings, reviewed by Leonie Westenberg
- Why do you want to Homeschool? The Essential Australian Guide
- Self University, Charles Hayes, Review by Grace Chapman
- Challenging Assumptions, Wendy Priesnitz, Review by Beverley Paine
- Creating Learning Communities, Ron MIller, Review by Beverley Paine
- Do We Really Need Schools?
- The Homeschooling Trail, a Journey of Faith, by Michele Hasting, reviewed by Beverley Paine
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 helps to keep this site operating offering encouragement and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Thank you - your help is very much appreciated!
Make a gift contribution and help keep this site online!
Download Beverley's FREE eBooks
Place your advert here!
Home educate the easy way! Simplify and save time...
Learn from experienced home educators how to write your own curriculum!
the information on this website is of a general nature only and is not intended as
personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates Beverley's old Homeschool Australia and Unschool Australia sites.
FREE Quick Guide
to Getting Started & Resource Directory
Join The Educating Parents Homeschooling and Unschooling online groups:
Welcome to the world of home education - learning without school! We officially began educating our three children in 1985, when our eldest was five years. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn as they grew and explored and discovered this amazing world since the moment they were each born! I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. I hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was!
If you like what you
read here, you can
order Beverley's books!
Always Learning Books
I WAS HOME EDUCATED
adults sharing their thoughts about being homeschooled and unschooled during childhood
Download your FREE eBook!
Questions about homeschooling or wondering what to teach?
See the Site Map
for our full list of articles.
Interested in homeschooling,
but still not sure?
Read All You Need Is...'
Without revenue from advertising by educational suppliers and Google Ads we could not continue to provide over 1000 pages of information to home educators. Please support us by letting our advertisers know that you found them on The Educating Parent. Ta!
Thank you for visiting!