Mostly Science You Tube Channels Popular with Home Educating Kids
This list was generated mainly by Paquita and Kylie on the Unschool Australia online support group. Email Beverley if your kids have any favourites not mentioned here.
- Space Time explores what is beyond, the outer reaches of space
- Nature of PBS brings the wonder of nature to you
- The Royal Institute - videos to make you think more deeply about science
- The Backyard Scientist loves to explore and experiment all things scientific!
- Crash Course covers a range of different subjects
- Sci Show Kids explores curious topics that make kids ask why?
- Smarter Every Day explores the world using science.
- Slo Mo Guys take on the world in Slow Motion!
- Verastasium includes videos about science and education.
- The Brain Scoop shares soem of the amazing things in The Field Museum in Chicago https://www.youtube.com/user/thebrainscoop
- Minute Physics - cool physics and other science simply put.
- Minute Earth includes science and stories about our planet
- Mindfield intriguing ideas about the mind, brain, psychology, etc
- Vihart explores maths and other interesting things
- Domain of Science youtubes about mind-blowing science, especially physics
- Deep Look is a science video series that explores big science by going very, very small!
- It's Okay to Be Smart uses curiosity to explore the universe
- Great Big Story discovers the untold, the over-looked and the flat-out amazing!
- Animal Wonders Montana is all about amazing animals in their zoo
- Blue World explores the underwater world
- Primitive Technology shows you have to build things in the wild completely from scratch using no modern tools or materials
- Animalogic examines the nature of the beast
- Nature League explore life on Earth and ask questions that inspires us to marvel at all things wild
- Science Insider videos on what you need to know about science https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9uD-W5zQHQuAVT2GdcLCvg/
- True Food reveals the untold stories of our food, one crop at a time
- The Action Lab, dedicated to performing and explaining exciting science experiments
- The King of Random explores life through all kinds of life-hacks, experiments and random weekend projects
- Ted Ed - ideas worth spreading
- Brave Wilderness one stop connection to a wild world of adventure and amazing close up animal encounters
- The Kids Should See This smart videos for curious minds of all ages
- Science Max - experiments on a the large scale!
? https //www.youtube.com/watchv=iekjlf2stvi
- SciFri, brain fun for curious people: science, technology and other cool stuff
- Periodic Videos - ultimate channel for all things chemistry
- BBC Earth the official channel of Sir David Attenborough, dramatic, rare and wild nature!
- Big Think is expert-driven, actionable, educational content exploring big ideas and core skills
- Today I Found Out - something new and interesting every day
- The Good Stuff mini-documentaries intertwining education, entertainment and curiosity
- Museum of London tells the story of London, it's people, from prehistoric times to the present day
- Google Arts and Culture explores inspirational moments, iconic people and artistic wonders
- Brightside attempts to answer some of life's biggest questions!
- Ted - EDKIDS
- Natural History Museum in London - explore behind the scenes in this famous museum
- Life Noggin a webshow designed to teach about life and the brain
- Science Museum weekly uploads of stories of human ingenuity, renowned collections, exhibitions and behind the scenes footage of the museum
- Tom Scott explores the weird and interesting
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
Want to learn how to write your own education plans to suit
your unique children's
individual learning needs?
Looking for quality curriculum and teaching tips ?
Over 1000 reassuring and
informative articles to help
build your confidence as an Educating Parent
Welcome to the
World of Home Education and
Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
The information on this website is of
a general nature only and is not intended
as personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since
my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
Advertise with The Educating Parent
||DIY Getting Started with Home Schooling Pack
Beverley Paine's best selling comprehensive common sense manual detailing how to write your own curriculum tailored to your children's educational needs
PLUS 9 of Beverley's popular practical home educating series booklets!
Great value $60
and Unschooling Pack
Each Pack contains a copy of the following:
Natural Learning Answers
A5 or A4
Learning Naturally Diary
Learning Maths Naturally
A Sample Approved Natural Learning Program and Review
Only $29 or $33
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!