Homeschool Australia Directory
Online Network and Support Groups
This page is now achived. Once a year I'll go through and cull any inactive pages or sites.
Please add your support group to the Home Education Association directory: http://hea.edu.au or your state association.
Home Education | Unschooling | Camps | Special Needs
Home Ed Facebook Pages
To be listed on this page please read our Reciprocal Links policy. Thank you.
Unschooling and Life Learning
Overseas unschooling support groups:
- UnschoolingDiscussion list - A place to discuss how to get closer to unschooling and let go of the mental scripts that keep us trapped in old thinking that gets in our way.
- Unschooling.info message boards (replaced the Unschooling.com message boards) - similar in spirit to the UnschoolingDiscussion list.
- Sandra Dodd's website that has Sandra's essays, links, an ongoing collection of responses to many of the issues in and around unschooling as well as many other things.
- UnschoolingBasics list - a place for those new to unschooling to discuss, question, ponder and become deeply familiar with natural learning and how it affects our entire lives.
- AlwaysUnschooled list - a space to discuss Radical Unschooling as it applies to the early years, from toddlerhood to around age 8 or so.
- ShineWithUnschooling list - A joyful, positive, radical unschooling community that understands and celebrates each and every child for the unique gifts they bring to the world.
- AlwaysLearning list - For those who have been unschooling for a while, a place to talk about learning and living.
- No More Spanking list - Not unschooling but alternatives to spanking, leaning heavily to peaceful parenting.
- Crazylifeunschoolers list - This is a support/idea group for those striving to radically unschool and parent respectfully within a less traditional family: singles, grandparents, foster families, adopted, divorced, nannies, more than two parents, one or more kids in school, etc.
Camps, Conferences, etc
Special Needs and Learning Differences
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active support of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
I am currently giving this site a much needed facelift!
If you experience difficultiess accessing any page can you
please email me the link? Thank you.
Welcome to the
World of Home Education and
Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
The information on this website is of
a general nature only and is not intended
as personal or professional advice.
This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
Advertise with The Educating Parent
||DIY Getting Started with Home Schooling Pack
Beverley Paine's best selling comprehensive common sense manual detailing how to write your own curriculum tailored to your children's educational needs
PLUS 9 of Beverley's popular practical home educating series booklets!
Great value $60
and Unschooling Pack
Each Pack contains a copy of the following:
Natural Learning Answers
A5 or A4
Learning Naturally Diary
Learning Maths Naturally
A Sample Approved Natural Learning Program and Review
Only $29 or $33
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!