The children who have contributed items for the Kids Pages live in Australia and all are educated at home by their parents.
See below for submission guidelines.
Book, Media and Game Reviews
News Items and Articles
Short Story Library
- Dragonfire, by Keegan, age 8
- Hog Man, with Frogs, by Matthew, age 9
- At Night, by Brittany, age 9
- An Autumn Day in the Park, by Naomi, age 6
- Blobby the Jellyfish, by Branden
- Buckets and Buckets, by Branden, age 4
- An Intriguing Bedroom Suite, by Isobelle, age 10
- Crocodile with a Night, by Branden
- Dragon, by Traie, age 5
- Ghost by the Cliff, by Matthew, age 9
- Grannybear and the Penguins, by Branden
- The Dwarf, the Unicorn and the Dragon, by Jamie
- Josie and the Pussy Cats
- The Leaf Skeleton, by Abby, age 5
- The Lost Dog in the City, by Isobelle, age 9
- The Bird That Came Back, by Luke
- Mr Stinkyman Scratches His Hairy Back, by Branden, age 5
- Nancy's Choice, by Jessica, age 9
- Puss's Adventure, by Traie, age 5
- Shipwrecked on Danger Island
- Snails Tale, by Traie, age 5
- She's My Friend, by Kari, age 12
- Surprise Party by Shannon, age 7
- The Crow, by Thomas, age 7
- Tiger Chasing, by Imogen, age 5
- It Was A Windy Day Today, by Judy, age 6
Projects, Fun Activities and Unit Studies
How to Submit an Item
Email your item after you have read the following. Please write 'Kids Pages Submission' in the subject line of your email. Thank you!
- Items must be original and the work of the author.
- Please check your spelling. Read aloud your item to check grammar and flow. We prefer correct spelling and grammar but understand that some children will prefer their stories published unedited. If you wish me to edit your contribution please ask.
- Items that contain offensive material (bad language, graphic sex or violence) will not be accepted.
- You can use a psuedonym (false name) if you like, but we need your real name and email address so that we can check that all submissions are genuine.
- Important! We will reply to your email asking for permission from your parent to allow us to publish the item you have sent. Parents can choose the level of information that is to be displayed in connection with their child's work. We only publish children's first names.
- Send us pictures and photos in .jpg, .gif, .bmp or .png format. We can reformat images in MS Word documents or pdfs.
- Long items may be divided into two or more pages.
- Publication of an item is at Beverley's discretion. It may take a week or two before your item appears on the Kids Pages. You will be sent an email with a link to your item when it is published.
- We prefer to publish items created by homeschooled and unschooled children but are happy to consider items from parents if they relate to homeschooling or education. Parents are welcome to submit items for publication on our parent site, The Educating Parent.
- We do not disclose the information we collect to any third party.
- Submission and inclusion on the Kids Pages automatically includes permission by the parent or guardian of the children submitting items for items to be published in an eNewsletter edition of The Educating Parent.
- If you wish to remove your item from these pages, send us an email with a description of the item and the child's name as well as the url (web address) of the page you found it on. It's important to understand that Google and other search engines keep cached copies of web pages, so even if the item has been removed from this site it may still appear in a Google search for a while.
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
Want to learn how to write your own education plans to suit
your unique children's
individual learning needs?
Looking for quality curriculum and teaching tips ?
Over 1000 reassuring and
informative articles to help
build your confidence as an Educating Parent
Welcome to the World of Home Education
and Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
3 ESSENTIAL STEP BY STEP GUIDES
Let experienced home educators Beverley, Tamara and April walk you through HOW to create a learning plan that builds on solid foundations that works for YOUR family AND ticks all the boxes for home educaton registration!
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since
my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
The information on this website is of a general nature only and is not intended as personal or professional advice. This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
The Educating Parent acknowledges the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Owners, the Custodians of Australia, and pay our respects to Elders past and present and extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people viewing this website.
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!