What is Home Education?
Return to Contents for a list of all the categories of articles on this site.
What is Home Education (3 page flyer you can print and give to people who inquire)
The Educating Parent Resource Directory contains an introduction to home educaiton and brief information on how to get started
On this page:
About Home Ed : Research : Media & Interviews
Reviews: Books about Home Ed
ABOUT HOME EDUCATION
- About Home Education
- A Thousand Rivers: what the modern world has forgotten about children and learning, Carol Black, off-site article
- A Radical Educational Alternative for our Family
- A Truncated 'Potted' History of the Home Education Movement (in the USA)
- Achieving Standards and Covering the Curriculum
- Are You Ready?
- Are Virtual Schools the Future of Homeschooling?
- Are Newcomers Calling Homeschooling Unschooling?
- Can I pay my friend to homeschool my kids
- Changing Nature of Home Education
- Confused by all the Aussie Home Ed sites?
- Cyber Schools, a looming reality?
- Debunking Myths about Homeschooling
- Defining What We Do
- Do you need formal teaching qualifications to homeschool?
- Does Homeschooling Work?
- Easy as ABC
- Exploring Homeschooling Diversity
- Famous Home Educated People
- I was Home Educated
- Is Enrolling your Child in a Virtual School Still 'Homeschooling'?
- Home Educating is Empowering Ann Leach
- Home Education: Lifestyle Choice, Not a Religion
- Home Education on the Rise, The Conversation
- Home Educating Families 'Flying Under the Radar'
- Homeschool Help is Available from Experienced Home Education Consultants
- Homeschooling in Practice: What Homeschooling Means for the Children
- Homeschooling in Practice: What it Means for the Parent, part 1
- Homeschooling in Practice: What it Means for the Parent, part 2
- Homeschooling Makes Sense
- Home school or home education?
- Homeschool Parents are Learning Partners
- Homeschooling Schools?
- How do you know it's time to homeschool?
- How Many Instruction A Day?
- Massive Surge in Interest in Home Education, Tamara Kidd
- New to Homeschooling? A quick guide to the Homeschool Australia suite of websites.
- Practical Considerations
- Redefining Education Using Information Technology in the Twentyfirst Century
- So, You Want to Homeschool... Start by Defining Education
- The Big Picture: Looking For The Perfect School
- The Ten Habits of Successful (Homeschool) Organisms
- What Exactly Is Homeschooling?
- Why I Chose Home Education for my Children
- What is Homeschooling?
- What is a Home Education Curriculum
- What is Unschooling?
- What is Wrong with Schools?
- What is Your Homeschooling Life Like?
- Why Families Homeschool
- Why Haven't School Reforms Worked, why I think schools are failing our children
- Why I think you need to write an individualised and personalised home education curriculum for your child
- Will your children home educate their children?
See also Getting Started and Write Your Own Curriculum
Interviews and Home Ed in the Media
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
if you want to learn
how to write your own education plans
your unique children's
individual learning needs?
Or you are looking for quality curriculum and teaching tips...
Welcome to the World of Home Education
and Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
3 ESSENTIAL STEP BY STEP GUIDES
Let experienced home educators Beverley, Tamara and April walk you through HOW to create a learning plan that builds on solid foundations that works for YOUR family AND ticks all the boxes for home educaton registration!
Tap into Beverley's
through her books
"Your books, your blogs helped me beyond words... they helped me to find comfort in knowing it is ok to choose exactly what is best for my family." Nisha
"Your books and information are mind blowing and already I am feeling good about this new experience." Diane
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
The information on this website is of a general nature only and is not intended as personal or professional advice. This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
The Educating Parent acknowledges the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Owners, the Custodians of Australia, and pay our respects to Elders past and present and extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people viewing this website.
Advertise on this site.
Australia's premier online annual conferences, lifetime access to video and audio recordings, freebies, notes and associated resource guides.
EVERY SUMMIT IS UNIQUE!
$29 each 2023 2022 2021
$25 each 2020 2019 2017
"Biggest and best Aussie homeschool event of the year!"
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!