Australian Home Education Directory
GEOGRAPHY Resources / Suppliers
Add your business directory listing.
Links to off-site articles
Please browse our sitemap for a full list of The Educating Parent articles on this topic. There are dozens of excellent websites dedicated to geography. Don't forget that geography is a HUGE subject, encompassing all aspects of our natural environment and how humanity uses and adapts to the environment. I don't believe you can completely separate the subjects of history, geography, culture and environment - they overlap in a wonderfully tangled mess! Tease out one area and you'll find yourself connected to dozens, if not hundreds, of others!
Free Internet Resources
- Homeschool Swap Boxes - exchange information about your local area with other home educating families from around the world
- Free home-schoolers website with games to play, topics to write about, and general knowledge quizzes to rack your brains! Updated weekly. www.funfitnesslearning.com
- Seterra is a challenging geography program with 70 different exercises. Learn about countries, capitals, flags and cities all over the world
- The Totally Free Children's Learning Network
- Geography for Kids - an indepth online text book written for kids
- Mr Donn's Free Geography Lesson Plans and Activities
- National Geographic Lesson Plans
- Primary School has a huge range of lesson plans for Society and Environment studies
- Curriculum Corporation Free Lesson Plans
- Trinity College- huge set of links to free lesson plans
- Free lesson plans to integrate computers into learning
- NSW Country Areas Program Resources for Teachers Free Lesson Plans
- Map Puzzles - Free downloadable software helps students learn countries and capitals. Choose from puzzles about Europe, Africa, the Middle East, Austronesia, Central America, South America, the United States, and the Continents
- Rags to Riches is a fun geography online quiz game that rewards correct answers.
- GeoGame Students write the clues and others supply the answers in this fun, interactive game for the Web.
- National Geographic GeoBee Challenge Try the questions that were part of GeoBees the last few years.
- Geography Games and Quizes
- World Geography Games
- Teachers TV Geography Thinking Skills
Was this article helpful? Was it worth $1.00 to you?
Your gift of $1 or more helps to keep this site operating
and reassurance to families
better outcomes for their children.
Beverley Paine with her children, and their home educated children, relaxing at home.
Together with the support of my family, my aim is to help parents educate their children in stress-free, nurturing environments. In addition to building and maintaing this website, I continue to create and manage local and national home educating networks, help to organise conferences and camps, as well as write for, edit and produce newsletters, resource directories and magazines. I am an active supporter of national, state, regional and local home education groups.
"You've been an inspiration to me, I love the way
you really listen to people." Vanessa
"Whenever I read your writing I always come away
with increased confidence in my ability to provide and
share a wonderful learning journey with my family!" Davina
"Your guidance, understanding, support and words of
wisdom changed our lives. We now offer support and
organise many homeschooling events for others." Lesley
"Thank you once again for your prompt and friendly service.
I am convinced that your books are going to add
quality and peace of mind to my journey of teaching my kids
at home! Just from studying your website, until almost
in the morning, I 've been encouraged!" Louisa
"Thank you for all your many,many reassuring words
over many, many years. You probably don't know exactly how
valuable you are to the Australian Home Education community.
I've been reading your stuff for maybe 8 years or more now.
And I'm very grateful." Gythaa
Want to learn how to write your own education plans to suit
your unique children's
individual learning needs?
Looking for quality curriculum and teaching tips ?
Over 1000 reassuring and
informative articles to help
build your confidence as an Educating Parent
Welcome to the World of Home Education
and Learning without School!
We began educating our children in 1985, when our eldest was five. In truth, we had helped them learn what they need to learn since they were born. I am a passionate advocate of allowing children to learn unhindered by unnecessary stress and competition, meeting developmental needs in ways that suit their individual learning styles and preferences. Ours was a homeschooling, unschooling and natural learning family! There are hundreds of articles on this site to help you build confidence as a home educating family. We hope that your home educating adventure is as satisfying as ours was! Beverley Paine
The information on this website is of a general nature only and is not intended as personal or professional advice. This site merges and incorporates 'Homeschool Australia' and 'Unschool Australia'.
The Educating Parent acknowledges the Traditional Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Owners, the Custodians of Australia, and pay our respects to Elders past and present and extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people viewing this website.
Over 30 presentations!
For $29 you get
lifetime access to recordings
of all the workshops, all associated resource guides, dDownload all video and mp3 files
Amazing homeschooling help!
"Your guidance, understanding, support & words of wisdom changed our lives." Leslie
"I feel specially inspired by Beverley's words and, the more I read her comments, the more inspired I feel, since
my need for support, respect for different parenting styles, and information are fully met." Marijo
Home education is a legal alternative
to school education in Australia.
State and Territory governments are responsible
for regulating home education and have different
requirements, however home educating families
are able to develop curriculum and learning programs
to suit the individual needs of their children.
Without revenue from advertising
by educational suppliers and Google Ads
we could not continue to provide information
to home educators. Please support us by letting
our advertisers know that you found them on
The Educating Parent. Thanks!